Pages

Monday 6 December 2010

***DDHDB'S DOES CHRISTMAS #20***


Since I'm having a little trouble with 8 Tracks I can't make my usual mixtapes each month. Until I find a replacement, or 8 Tracks gets it's act together, I'm just going to post a new Christmas song each day till Christmas Day. I've been racking my brains for some good ones and I think I got a few you'll love.

For now here's Black Christmas by the genre defining punk rock heroine Poly Styrene. 'Black Christmas' is the first release from Poly since last year's single 'City of Christmas Ghosts' with Goldblade. Poly is hoping to follow this seasonal single with the full length album Generation Indigo next year.

Featuring her daughter Celeste 'Black Christmas' is a reggae kissed driving song that focuses on the 'true meaning of Christmas' i.e not buying presents and getting pissed in front of grandma. If you're expecting Poly's usual shrill shouty way of singing you'll find it's not but instead replaced with a grown up soft, lulling vocal.

I couldn't think of a better way of getting you into the Christmas mood.

Download 'Black Christmas' at: www.poly-styrene.com

No comments:

Post a Comment