Friday, 14 January 2011
Mixtape Alert is back. It's been awhile due to 8tracks deciding to completely change their site and partly due to those frantic curve balls life likes to throw at you sometimes.
The intense, high energy pop songs of the sixties girls groups have rarely been repeated in pop history mainly because it's so hard to top them. From The Supremes breathy, girlish vocals to The Velvelettes fun-filled, schoolgirl lyrics these girls made singing songs about boys, love and heartbreak a fine art.
I mainly just wanted to post about the amazing girls and the beautiful songs they made.
Ladies of Motown:
1. Stoned Love- The Supremes
2. Needle in a Haystack- The Velvelettes
3. My Guy- Mary Wells
4. Jimmy Mack- Martha & the Vandellas
5. Come See About Me- The Supremes
6. Please Mr Postman-The Marvelettes
7. Nowhere To Run- Martha & the Vandellas
8. He Was Really Saying Somethin'- The Velvelettes
9. Heaven Must Have Sent You- The Elgins
10. When I'm Gone- Brenda Holloway
11. I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You- Rita Wright
12. Upside Down- Diana Ross