Pages

Friday 27 November 2009

**SONG OF THE MONTH**


This month's 'song of the month' is a bit late. I've been pretty busy with work and stuff but I'm going to try and get all of the posts thay should have been up last week online over the weekend.

I've been listening to this song non-stop in the last couple of weeks. This girl is friends with M.I.A, had her record produced by Blaqstarr and she's only a teenager. I'm talking about Rye Rye and the track Shake It To The Ground.

The Blaqstarr produced track has a sparse, simple but catchy beat and along with Rye Rye's lyrics the song is light years ahead of some of the caveman-esque tracks released by more famous male rappers.

I'm really getting into my female rappers at the moment and Rye Rye, along with a number of other girls who I'll tell you more about in another post, is one of the best. Her songs give the listener an insight into where she is from, Baltimore, and what she loves doing, dancing apparently, without ever sounding like part of a scene.

I'm calling it now, Rye Rye is the future of Hip Hop. Jump on my bandwagon now before it's too late.


No comments:

Post a Comment