Pages

Friday 11 February 2011

Homance Is For Lovers


Homance - \hō-ˈman(t)s
noun/intransitive verb

- Describing a strong, vibrant, non-sexual friendship between two women.


So me and a bunch of well cool girls are putting on a film night about girl friendships called, wait for it, True Homance. Now after I laughed for about 45 minutes at the word homance I actually realised it's a idea that does not get widely acknowledged. Women are set up against each other whether it's at school, at work or for men. If we are taught to believe that other women are the enemy and will take away your man  (like your man's so good I'm gonna go outta my way to get him please) then we will never know the benefits of a true, close female friendship.

The films we chose to screen are Romy and Michele's High School Reunion and Ghost World. Since this is a music blog I'm not going to write about a bunch of films. Mainly because that is not my talent; I find it hard to put into words what I'm seeing and feeling and I'm gonna be a mess when I will someday have to describe my film choices at CdF. I'm going to be djing at the event so I thought I would share with you some of my favourite girl buddy songs and give you a sneak peek at my setlist.




















True Homance
20 February 2011 @ The Horatia
98-102 Holloway Road
London N7 8JE
(Nearest tubes: Highbury & Islington, Holloway Road)
Doors 17:00. First film at 18:00. Entry £4.

No comments:

Post a Comment