Pages

Saturday 28 February 2009

The Spoken Word- Dockers MC


I've been in love with Dockers MC, aka Laura Dockrill, for a while now but despite being on The Times's Top Ten Literary talents for 2008 list she is still relatively unknown to most. I think I might have to create some kind of public display and scream at the top of my lungs "DOCKERS MC IS A-MAZ-ING!!!" till everyone gets it.

Her spoken word poetry blurs the boundaries between literature on a page, diy music and theatre so effectively that you don't even realise you are watching a new genre develop before your eyes. If you need a bit more to picture it just think of the love child of Kate Nash and Pam Ayres.

She has released the limited edition book/cd Hold To My Ear and released her first book, Mistakes in the Background, in November.

Take a look at what she's done, it's good I promise.







To find out more about Dockers MC go to: www.myspace.com/dockersmc

No comments:

Post a Comment